Tis the season for gift guides! Since I believe you can never have quite enough "guidance" until you've found just the right thing, we'll take a brief detour from our usual format. Today, the ladies. Tomorrow, the gentlemen.
1. Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. Yes, my evangelizing for lipstick extends to the gift guide! This shade is almost universally flattering, while the formulation is sheer enough to apply even with a shiny surface as a makeshift mirror ten seconds before camera. $14.50
2. I would have been a Suffragette t-shirt. This is cheeky enough to wear to play touch football, but sincere enough to appear in a campaign slideshow. Perfect combination. $24
3. The Ace flag tote. This one of a kind tote is made from a recycled American flag with straps made from an old leather jacket. It's green, durable, and unique. $225
4. The Gentlewoman magazine subscription. This is one of the coolest titles I've come across in a long time. Imagine that Vogue was rewritten by Arianna Huffington, Tina Fey, and Ann Patchett. $43.54/year
5. Lollihop subscription. An assortment of healthy organic snacks delivered monthly to your home or office. Good food means good decisions. $18.95/month
Still don't see what you're looking for? Let the Style of Politics do your shopping for you! New this year: you give us your shopping list (my 40-ish bachelor cousin, my neighbor who picks up my mail, 3 nephews ages 2/5/7) and your price range, and we deliver to you links to a hand-selected gift for each one. It's just $80 for up to 12 gifts.
For more details, email us or call 908-642-2745.